South Carolina CWP Class
This course is designed and developed to provide you with the knowledge and tools necessary to lawfully and safely carry a concealed handgun in South Carolina. Our course and instructors are vetted and approved by the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED).
Upon successfully completion of this course you will meet the CWP training requirements set forth in the Code of Laws for South Carolina. Further information can be found at the SLED CWP Program website.
This class runs approximately 8 hours long. It can vary with the size and experience of the class. You will be evaluated by two written exams and a live fire qualification. A passing grade is required for all three evaluations to successfully pass the course. Topics learned in this course include:
- The Law of Self Defense
- Proper Storage of Handguns
- Firearm Safety Rules
- Handgun Operation & manipulation
- Basic Handgun Marksmanship
- Concealment Techniques / Drawing from Concealment
- Range Safety
- Live Fire Qualification
The following items are required for this course.
- Handgun (revolver or semi-auto capable of holding at least 5 rounds)
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Eye & Ear Protection
- A holster for your handgun that can be securely worn on the belt or hip. (No shoulder, ankle, pocket, or inside-the-pants type).
$50.00 - Full course with range qualification
$35.00 - Legal course for persons qualified under Section 23-31-210 subitem b
These persons include:
- Retired / former military members
- Retired Law Enforcement Officer
- Retired state or federal law enforcement officer
$30.00 - Legal only course special price for Active Duty military members
NRA Firearm Training is a nationally recognized standard the training of safe and responsible shooters, coaches, and instructors. NRA courses are available for a wide range of disciplines and experience levels. The basic courses offer entry level firearms training for someone that has no prior experience with firearms or has never taken a formal firearms course. Moving on from the basic courses there are courses that teach more experienced shooters the fundamentals of personal protection, and more advance shooting techniques.
If you have no prior firearms experience and what to get a solid grasp the basic skills and knowledge to safely handle and store firearms in the home then this is the class for you.
The is a 4 hour non-shooting course conducted in a classroom setting. You will get hands on training with many different types and styles of firearms. Topics include:
- NRA's three rules for safe gun handling
- Primary Causes of firearm accidents
- Firearm actions and their parts
- Loading & unloading of different firearm actions
- Ammunition types & components
- Cleaning and care of firearms
- Safe storage of firearms in the home
The Basics of Pistol Shooting is intended for anyone regardless of previous shooting experience and is avaiable in two delivery methods to better meet the student's time and schedule. The first method is the more traditional instructor-led course that takes place in a classroom type environment. The second method is a two-part blended course that is an online self study component and a hands on practical component with an instructor.
The is a 8 hour course conducted in the classroom and the range. You will be evaulated via written exam and a shooting exercise. Topics include:
- NRA's three rules for safe gun handling
- Proper opeation of revolvers and semi-automatic pistols
- Ammunition knowledge and selection
- Pistol selection and storage
- Shooting Fundamentals
- Pistol inspection and maintenance
- Shooting range safety
All students must complete the Training Registration Form AND the Hold Harmless Agreement/Waiver PRIOR to attending any classes or range sessions. Additionally your spot in class is not guaranteed until you have paid for your seat. Class seats are limited depending on the class being taught, the number of instructors, and the required range qualification.Training Registration Form
Hold Harmless Agreement & Waiver
Training Terms & Conditions
ANY CANCELLATIONS OR NO-SHOWS WILL NOT BE REFUNDED. IN THE EVENT OF A EMERGENCY PLEASE CONTACT YOUR INSTRUCTOR. A ONE TIME RESCHEDULING MAY BE HONORED AT THE INSTRUCTOR'S DISCRETION.
Lightning Tactical & Training reserves the right to cancel or reschedule all courses. If the course is cancelled or rescheduled all registered students may (1) re-schedule their class date to another date or (2) request a refund of all paid funds.